Attracting investment into Australia's resources sector remains a high priority for the Australian federal, state and territory governments. Australia is internationally recognised as a preferred investment destination for minerals resources exploration, development and supply, providing both commercial and operational advantages for investors.
New government initiatives support the long-term sustainability of the Australian resources sector by de-risking and encouraging mineral exploration and discovery, particularly in underexplored areas of Australia. New discoveries in frontier regions will increase knowledge of Australia’s geology and resources, and provide employment opportunities.
On this page you will find information about Australian federal, state and territory government initiatives that actively encourage and support industry investment in Australia’s mineral resources sector.
- Australia’s Modern Manufacturing Strategy
- Australia’s National Hydrogen Strategy
- Exploring for the Future
- Resources Technology and Critical Minerals Processing
New South Wales
- Critical Minerals and High-Tech Metals Strategy
- MinEx CRC
- New Frontiers Initiative
- New Frontiers Exploration Program
- New Economy Minerals Initiative
- Collaborative Exploration Initiative
- Strategic Resources Exploration Program
- AusArray SA broadband seismic array
- AusLAMP – EM geophysics
- Delamerian National Drilling Initiative
- GP2: next generation mineral systems mapping
- MinEx CRC National Drilling Initiative
- Portable XRF geochemistry
- Sedimentary copper mineral systems of the Stuart Shelf